[3830] WPX SSB KS9K(N4TZ) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4tz@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KS9K(N4TZ) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:05:32 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KS9K
Operator(s): N4TZ
Station: N4TZ/9

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:   21
   80:  129
   40:  196
   20:  312
   15:  443
   10:   81
------------

Club:

Comments:

A great time was had by all!

Conditions ok, but not nearly as nice as 3 weeks ago during the
ARRL DX phone.  Of  course, in that one the DX is eager to work
USA.  Sure miss the good old days when the DX listened up on 40 -
when that happened  Saturday night a low-powered station could
work them a lot faster than on simplex, and a lot more, too!

I had a lot of fun using the TR4W DVP feature to send the callsigns
and serial numbers - surely a big help to the vocally-challenged.
I usually need two or three tries to get a 6 character callsign
spoken correctly, so the DVP is faster, too.  Had one fellow
(unidentified) who declared on 15 that he wouldn't work a robot,
but 27 JAs didn't object...  I had recorded the callsigns of all the
USA and VE ops who had submitted SSB logs last year, and it certainly
sounded  better than the pieced-together calls of the other fellows.
Still, I was pleased with the quality of the product, and will use
the MISSINGCALLSIGNS file that TR4W generated to record some more
for next time.