[3830] WPX SSB LN3Z(LA3BO) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, la3bo@nrrl.no
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB LN3Z(LA3BO) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:19:46 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: LN3Z
Operator(s): LA3BO
Station: LA3Z

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: JO48XX
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:   86
   80:  304
   40:  391
   20:  771
   15: 1083
   10:   59
------------

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

Wow!
My original plan for the contest was to improve my own national record with LP,
but when I was given the opportunity to operate SO from one of the best stations
in Norway, I did not spend long time to accept the challenge. SSB contests with
LP is an endless S&P experience, so I looked forward to do some real RUNs.

And my wildest expectations were fully met! Not only did the equipment operate
flawlessly, but also mr. Murphy and ms. Aurora did not show up. Maybe they had
a rendezvous somewhere else?

I picked the assisted class, since that was were I realisticly could improve
the national record. It also gives valuable experience with cluster for later
MO operations.

The conditions on day 1 were very good, but I could not establish any runs from
JA. I was afraid that the second day would be destroyed by aurora, but the
condtions turned out to be even better. So I got my JA run also. Very seldom
have I seen so flat magnetic fields in this part of the solar cycle.

15m produced the best runs, with a mojority of NA. There seemed to be no end of
all the stations calling, although there were many weak signals. Amazingly many
of the received serial numbers were below 20.

My only big mistake was to spread out off time in many 1-hour breaks. This
works fine with LP, but is probably sub-optimal with HP.

Many thanks to LA6YEA for letting me use his fine station, and for his
hospitality during the week-end. The log will be uploaded to LOTW.

73,
Svein
LA3BO