[3830] WPX SSB ES5TF(@ES5EC) SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB ES5TF(@ES5EC) SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 12:22:56 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: ES5TF
Operator(s): ES5TF
Station: ES5EC

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Tartu, KO38ii
Operating Time (hrs): 25

------------
  160:    0
   80:   68
   40:  125
   20:  180
   15:  221
   10:   18
------------

Club:

Comments:

The contest was again very nice. Because of the very good propagation I couldn't
insist to participate in all band category, altough I first planned to stay on
15m or 20m. Several reasons limited my operation this year to 25 hours and 1
minutes, my last Rookie-year would have deserved for sure much better
performing :-)

Kind of culture shock was strange propagation in Sunday when for NA and also SA
my 80 m delta loop worked on 15m as well as tribander if not better! I found
that by accident when forgot to switch antennas after working a station located
way off from my main direction. After some QSOs with Brazil and USA I looked at
SWR meter and noticed that I used the delta loop! Switching back to tribander -
some other very strong US and SA stations were not that easy to get at all. I
don't know what it was - superb long path propagation or a very strange
twisted-path?

In the end I was pretty pleased with 103 worked DXCC countries and 33 CQ zones
out of 40 - not bad for a simple low power station in the middle of a town!

Hear you next year in "grown-up" category :-)

73!
Tonis, ES5TF