[3830] WPX SSB C3Z(5B4AIZ) SOSB15(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB C3Z(5B4AIZ) SOSB15(TS) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 16:56:53 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: C3Z
Operator(s): 5B4AIZ
Station: 5B4AIZ

Class: SOSB15(TS) LP
QTH: MAZOTOS
Operating Time (hrs): 29

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1384
   10:
------------

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Much of the enjoyment was spoiled for me by the splatter and wide signals making
a large proportion of the band unusable for much of the daylight hours.

15 mtrs has improved but it ain't there yet. We still get the fading,
especially on mid range, 2/3k km like someone switching the lights on and off,
contacts were coming in clutges.

Some remarkeable single band scores being reported, in excess of 5M pts,
congrats certainly due to them for their stamina. I could not expect a lot more
q's on this noisey band but the USA is a harvest field for prefixes and I just
could not break through nor indeed hear very many USA guys other than the top
guns because of the noise. All par for the course for LP stn's but what is
frustrating is hearing distant stn's early morning and late evening when the
skip is long and no eu qrm but they just don't hear you.

Propagation was a bit strange at times; didn't work nearly as many JA as usual
but could hear eu's working JA's I couldn't hear, normally it is the oher way
around. Unlike Beru a couple of weeks ago VK's were weak and I couldn't raise
any ZL. Where were the African stn's and also W3LPL, KC1XX and the other
regular stalwarts of the east coast? Some impressive signals from some of the
new brigade but where were the old guard?

Looking forward to the cw leg, it's easier on the ears even though the Lids
with the bad signals will still be around.

Rig - TS570 - 100W. 3 Ele Yagi up 15 mtrs.  Logging with 'SD'

73  Brian 5B4AIZ.