[3830] WPX SSB KG1E SO(A)SB15(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alexjoz2@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KG1E SO(A)SB15(TS) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 23:37:38 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KG1E
Operator(s): KG1E
Station: KG1E

Class: SO(A)SB15(TS) LP
QTH: Mass
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  366
   10:
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

After having our amplifier die at the beginning of CQ WW SSB, wondered what else
could possibly go wrong. Well, got the answer as the T2X would not move in any
direction, so climbed the tower and manually rotated the Force 12 C3 to the
Northeast.Decided to operate SOSB15 LP (A) Trib/Wires Overlay. Not being a
serious contender, thought it would be fun for every contact to be a new
multiplier. Band conditions were superb to all areas of the world, in
particular the polar paths. Lots of UA0's, Northern Europeans and even a dozen
JA's were worked on a very crowded band. Happy to make many contacts off the
back of the beam with stateside and Caribbean stations!

Only on the air from 1300z to 1700z on Saturday and 1100z to close on Sunday.

Just out of curiosity, checked the CQ WPX Contest Searchable Score Database to
see how bad we did and was amazed to see that we had actually beaten the
previous World Record for the category...

All in all had a great time meeting old friends and participating in a fabulous
contest with outstanding propagation on 15 meters.

Thanks to all who pulled out our weak signal and exchanged serial numbers and
special thanks go to the sponsor CQ Magazine and to the CQ WPX Contest director

Randy K5ZD who has done a great job supporting and expanding the WPX contest
in the past several years and helped to create one of the most complete up to
date, well designed contest related websites (http://www.cqwpx.com/index.htm)
in the world. Hope to see everyone in next year's CQ WPX SSB test!