[3830] EA RTTY VA7ST SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] EA RTTY VA7ST SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 14:56:48 -0700
                    EA RTTY Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 5

   80:   1      1
   40:  12     11
   20:  55     31
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  68     43  Total Score = 4,972

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Bring back SFI=68 solar minimum! Flux approaching 110 but conditions were
rotten. As I said last year, there's always next year.

Couldn't land much on 20M during the European opening Saturday morning, and few
takers with a few hundred watts pointed at the States. Was even worse Sunday
morning before the end.

A loud VE7CC on 80M was about the only signal heard there, in either direction
E-W with the 2-element array. Lee was finding a lot more Qs than me.

40M was bereft of RTTY activity in the short time I was on Saturday evening,
save a few stalwarts braving the band for whatever could be worked -- one EA8
and 11 domestic Qs.

Just couldn't sit at the rig with mushy conditions inside, while sunshine and
the first true spring-like temps awaited outside. Managed just under 5 hours at
a grand rate of 15/hour. Listened to 15M and 10M occasionally, but nothing
heard.

40M 2-element full-sized reversible quad aimed at Europe/Oceania is slowly
rising among the 90' pines. I can hardly wait till the next contest to see if
it works as it should.

For the record, I'm only kidding about solar min. Bring on the spots. I'll take
our chances with flares and storms any day if flux keeps rising.

-- Bud VA7ST
http://www.orcadxcc.org
http://www3.telus.net/va7st

        Qs  Mult  Points