[3830] MiQP K6JSS/WASH(KT8K) Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP K6JSS/WASH(KT8K) Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 21:34:49 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: K6JSS/WASH
Operator(s): KT8K
Station: KT8K

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: EN82cg SE Michigan
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:   65      8
   40:  118     64
   20:   29      1
   15:    1      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  213     73  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 41  Total Score = 53,568

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The bands were pretty darned good up here in Michigan.  It was tough operating
with such a long callsign but I wanted to help commemorate the 50th anniversary
of the QRP ARCI club.  I and 9 other Michigan QRP-ers used this same call with
our county appended to it like the mobile stations do.
Unfortunately I had many stations persist in calling (and probably logging) me
as K6JSS/8 in spite of my never sending that suffix and always using the /WASH
suffix as much as possible.  Some people head heard of the anniversary and
understood what we were doing, but others just go confused, so I hope the log
checking software is smart enough to work through the inevitable confusion.

I also had quite a few stations thinking I was a dupe.  Some I could reach with
an explanation (uses up a lot of time, though) so I made it into their logs, but
a minority insisted that I was a dupe and refused to work me (another huge waste
of time).  Those kinds of issues made it tough going, but otherwise this was -
again - a great contest that brings an excellent turnout and a lot of fun.
Thanks to all who persevered in pulling out my QRP signal.  I got the
impression I was being heard pretty well, fortunately, even by the marginal
stations, so it was a good time.

Next year I plan to be kicking butt under my own call (or trying to), even if I
don't have that big tower I want
http://www.youtube.com/themandolinmaniac#p/u/7/uNWZjzrzgwA).  Best rx & 72 to
all de kt8k - Tim