[3830] MiQP WI9WI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] MiQP WI9WI Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 12:52:21 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Madison, WI
Operating Time (hrs): 4ish

   80:   23      6
   40:   49     33
   20:    1      0
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:   73     39  CW Mults = 35  Ph Mults = 27  Total Score = 11,470

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Five of the past 6 years I've operated this one mobile from the UP. This year a
combination of things, mostly the weather, kept me in Madison. Also missing
from the UP this year were Wisconsinites N9NE and the NE9U team. Rather than
drive 1000 miles, spend 24 hours or up in the car, have to rent a motel room
for at least one night if not two, spend north of $200 on gas and fight
freezing rain, icy roads and snow, I opted to operate in the comfort of my
basement and watch hockey on TV while S&Ping the MI stations.

This was pretty much a 2 band event from south central Wisconsin. Forty was
nice and short and played well all afternoon. Eighty picked up around sunset.
The only station I worked on 20 was K8XXX on backscatter CW. I heard a few
others, but couldn't raise them, at least with low power. Mobiles were in and
out. Maybe only about 10 mobile QSOs. There were times I found big pileups on
them, but couldn't hear the mobile station itself, especially on 20. Worked a
total of 48 counties. Hopefully next year I'll be back up in the UP for this
one.

Thanks to all the MI stations for good activity.

73

Jim