[3830] ARRL RR K6YL(@W6YX) Rookie LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, joanna.k6yl@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL RR K6YL(@W6YX) Rookie LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:42:25 -0700
                    ARRL Rookie Roundup - SSB

Call: K6YL
Operator(s): K6YL
Station: W6YX

Class: Rookie LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 6

------------
   80:    0
   40:    0
   20:  134
   15:  270
   10:    0
------------
Total:  404  Mults = 54  Total Score = 27,216

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

What a fun contest.  After making only 26 total qso's in the Rookie Roundup SSB
last August I was thrilled to have 100 rookies and 404 total qso's in my log
this year.  Both Rookies and non-Rookies sounded excited to be involved in the
contest.  I even came across newly licensed hams who weren't aware of the
contest and who hopefully went on to make more Rookie contacts and submit their
logs (and become contesters!?).

15m proved very fruitful for me.  I made 2/3 of my qso's here, as well as 3/4
of my mults, before switching over to 20m just after 22:15.  My DX for the
contest included Belgium, Italy, Germany, Wales, Spain, Greece, England,
Scotland, Venezuela and Puerto Rico.  The states I missed were VT, DC, ID and
ND, and I also missed 7 of the Canadian provinces and all of the Mexican call
areas.

Thank you to W6YX for hosting me for this event!!