[3830] SPDX RTTY K4GMH SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SPDX RTTY K4GMH SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 10:20:30 -0700
                    SPDX RTTY Contest

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:    0     0     0
   40:    0     0     0
   20:  138  1052    34
   15:  150  1344    50
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  288  2396    84  Continents = 5  Total Score = 1,006,320

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to the Polish Radiovideography Club ( PK RVG ) for sponsoring the
Contest. Thanks to all who were kind enough to work me.

Took several QSOs to again get the hang of SO2R operation of the station.
There hasn't been that much time since the last contest.  Must either have had
a lot of things to do between contests or getting old(er) - good chance it was
the latter:>)

During the time I had for operation, first 4 hours, only made QSOs on 15 and 20
meters.  Did try 10 and heard ZS2I, but something happened to the amp. used on
10 meters.  Tried just using the radio and best I could get was a "QRZ" from
ZS2I.  Did spot him and hopefully others were able to make the connection.

Although did hear ZS2I coming in well above the noise floor on 10 meters, the
other bands were not a solid as they have been in recent contests or general
operation.  Seemed like 15 started good at the beginning of the Contest and
about 30 minutes later 15 seemed to go into a lull.  Picked up again approx. an
hour and half later.  Seemed to be going okay until son and his family came for
Easter weekend.

Will have to get into the guts of the GS-35B amp. used on 10 meters and find
out what happened.  Most likely something with the input circuit as the amp.
worked okay on 15 meters.

As it turned out, the weather was nice all weekend which would have made BIC
very difficult even if it wasn't Easter Weekend.

Hope all had a nice Easter.  See you in the next Contest.

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH