[3830] 7QP AK7AZ M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ak7ar.owen@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP AK7AZ M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 14:30:26 -0700
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: AK7AZ
Operator(s): N3KCJ, KE7DX, KY7K, AK8E, AK7AR
Station: AK7AZ

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Az, Pima Cty
Operating Time (hrs): 100%

  160:
   80:   72     22
   40:  194    234
   20:  238    246
   15:  123    190
   10:    4      2
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  631    694      0  Mults = 69  Total Score = 223,353

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Many thanks to the last minute operators that showed up to make this little M/M
effort a reality. It was not known until 72 hours before the contest if there
was going to be a M/M effort as my work schedule is very hectic. At the last
minute, a hasty CQ for operators was made. We had five Outlaws answer the call
(2 CW ops and 3 SSB OP's). Unfortunately, our lack of pre-planning showed....we
had to shoot from the hip on a lot of hidden issues with the contest site as it
has been slowly remodeled with most of th equipment being slated for either
preventative maintenance, real maintenance, or some sort of upgrade. Long story
short... the site was not at 100%, but with some innovative help and patience
from the crew (mainly having to put up with me), we managed to get at least 95%
up and running... but that did cost us time on air.... but hey... better than NO
time on air. Suffice it to say, the Outlaw crew pulled a nice little success out
of the jaws of my feet. We all ended up leaving with smiles on our faces and a
feeling of satisfaction. This is the first time I have done the 7QP, it will
not be my last. A special TNX to the following outlaws, Foster N3KCJ, Gary
KE7DX, Steve KY7K, Steve AK8E for their time and effort on Saturday.
Good Commradre', Good Lessons Learned, and a Good Chance to plan the next radio
sport joint venture with some very effective Outlaws!!