[3830] InQP N8XX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] InQP N8XX Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 15:21:03 -0700
                    Indiana QSO Party

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MICHIGAN
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:    0     0
   80:    9     0
   40:   43     0
   20:    0     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:   52     0  CW Mults = 40  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 4,160

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Score tabulation may be wrong, because I did it by hand using Excel to sort the
INQP scores amongst the 7QP and the NEQP scores!  This was a "baptism by fire"
for me using N1MM logger, but, after the first few glitches, I might even like
it.

Was pleasantly surprized with results of my 5 Watts to a 135' inverted V, with
apex at about 32' and lower ends at less than 10'.  And, 40 metres held up
remarkably well - though I may have missed manually changing bands on the N1MM
logger because of operator error.  (I thought I spent more time on 80 metres
than shows in the log.)

Rig: Drake TR-5
Power Meter: Recently calibrated Heath HM-9 (against a calibrated Bird
Wattmeter)
Antenna Matching:  LDG Z-100

Thanks to the super ops who dug down into the mud and copied this peanut
whistle.  There was a bunch of lightning in NW Indiana predicted, so sometimes
the mobiles seemed like they were relatively deaf.  WN9O wins the prize for
having the most entries from mobiles in the log - he seemed to be everywhere
when I was listening!  Congrats also to the organizers of the Indiana QSO
Party.  A FB contest!