[3830] 7QP N7XU/M(K4XU) MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4xu@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] 7QP N7XU/M(K4XU) MobileCW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 22:49:39 -0700
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: N7XU/M
Operator(s): K4XU
Station: N7XU/M

Class: MobileCW LP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 13:00

  160:
   80:
   40:  125
   20:  460
   15:   45
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  630     0       0  Mults = 60  Total Score = 113,580

Club: CODXC

Comments:

Not quite as much score as last year but we only went to 14 counties this year.
Conditions were much better. The radio worked, no Murphy except the cinch on
the 15m resonator loosened allowing the whip to slide into the coil and sending
the resonance to 21.8. Easily fixed.

Lots of DX this year, EU at 23Z on 20m. Ol' sol was doing us favors this time.
My driver Martin, AE7IK, is new to radio. Had never made a contact until after
we arrived at the N7LE M/M about 7PM. Great diver. We were ahead of schedule by
as much as 80 minutes requiring several longer breaks.

The goal for next year is to find ten mobiles and activate some of the very
rare ones ...if gas prices return to normal. I can remember when you couldn't
burn 50 bucks worth in a day. Now it's >$50 a tank.

Thanks to all who followed us around and to the great ears out there who heard
the old TS-50 and Hustler. Logged using TRlog on an old TI W97 LT with a
battery pack modified to take 12VDC directly from the car. No inverters here!

As usual, will get the 7QP results out within a week after the log deadline.

73,
Dick