[3830] 7QP W0BH SOMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] 7QP W0BH SOMixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 10:39:01 -0700
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: SOMixed HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 14.1
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:   31     28
   40:   52     76
   20:   70    417
   15:   20      0
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  173    521      0  Mults = 136  Total Score = 212,296

Club:

Comments:

This year, Hesston College graduation weekend was also 7QP weekend, so I took
off two hours on Saturday afternoon for an aviation reception and another hour
plus when company appeared in the early evening.  After finishing up at 2am, I
was back at the college for graduation ceremonies on Sunday morning, then
driving to Phoenix in the afternoon.  Now a week later, it's my first chance to
process my logs and post.

Initial impression of the 2011 7QP .. less counties, less mobile activity
(perhaps because of the high cost of gas), but more overall activity.  Last
year, I worked 654 Qs and 157 counties in 17.6 hours, this year 694 Qs and 136
counties in only 14.1 hours, so a noticeable increase in activity.

The fixed stations, mobile stations, and expeditions once again did a great
job.  Overall, I worked 488 unique calls. With the New England and Indiana QSO
parties also in the mix, tracking mobiles is more difficult and it's hard to
run up big mobile totals.  Special thanks to the following stations and ops for
five or more contacts:

12 K7UM/r
08 K7IA/r K7RAT/r
06 K7WA/m
05 WW7D/m W7RN N7LE AK7AZ

County stats are always interesting as well, especially when you add in the
history from previous years. Here's how many counties I worked in each state in
the years I've operated the 7QP (except 2006 when I only operated 9 hours).

2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 : MAX POSSIBLE
--14 --14 --13 --14 --14 : 15 Arizona
--16 --15 --21 --22 --14 : 44 Idaho
--24 --21 --16 --27 --13 : 56 Montana
--08 --04 --08 --11 --07 : 17 Nevada
--34 --33 --30 --28 --31 : 36 Oregon
--19 --20 --20 --18 --17 : 29 Utah
--31 --26 --27 --32 --32 : 39 Washington
--07 --13 --07 --05 --08 : 23 Wyoming
------------------------
-153 -146 -142 -157 -136 : 259 total counties
-550 -621 -611 -654 -694 : total contacts
15.0 16.4 16.1 17.6 14.1 : total hours

I've also been keeping track of counties worked in the 7QP each year. No one is
likely to work all 259 in one year, but if you combine the years, I'm down to 39
remaining (I miscalculated in last year's post). This year, I picked up five new
ones .. MTDAW MTFER WYFRE WYNAT WYPLA.

Just for fun, I'll list the ones still needed. I wonder how this tracks with
the overall counties-activated stats.

AZ : none
ID : ADM BEN BLA BUT CAM CAR CLA CUS FRA FRE LEW ONE POW WAS
MT : BLA DAN DEE GOL LIB MAD ROO ROS SHE STI SWE TRE WHE WIB
NV : HUM LAN LIN MIN
OR : none
UT : none
WA : ASO FER GAR PEN
WY : NIO UIN WAS

The CODXC has made this event into a really fine QSO Party. Thanks to all who
worked so hard to pull off another successful year!

A special invite to all 7-landers to work back into Kansas for the Kansas
Sesquicentennial QSO Party (150 year of statehood) during the last weekend in
August. We're working on something special ... !

73, Bob, w0bh