[3830] Volta RTTY KI7MT SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ki7mt@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] Volta RTTY KI7MT SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 11:23:47 -0700
                    Volta RTTY DX Contest

Call: KI7MT
Operator(s): KI7MT
Station: KI7MT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Montana
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    1     8     1
   40:   91   812    30
   20:  344  4265    72
   15:   66   811    32
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  502  5896   135  Total Score = 39,957,192

Club:

Comments:

First, thanks to the VOLTA folks for putting on the event, and to all those who
participated.

I started late, and ended early as I did not have the contest on my sked for
some unknown reason, thus I wasn't prepared at all for ths one. There was allot
of competition for operators from the CQ-M. Im sure that attributed to the
numbers being down a bit.

I've been away from radio since the BARTG due to a family emergency out east
and had virtually no idea how the bands were working, nor a plan of attack,
just a spray and pray approach.

10M was dead everytime I checked it. I spent way too much time on 15M trying to
make it work. 20M had allot of suprises. It has been a long time since I could
work EU, JA and OC at the same time after sunset. 40M was disappointing, it's
normally pretty good, but not this time. 80M seemed quiet, and was open, just
nobody was there when I went from 40 to 80. Lots of CW being heard, just no
RTTY. It was nice to see JA's up and running. The logger says I put 50 or so in
the log. Certainly down from the norm, but all things considred, nice to see
things getting back to normal.

In any case, had allot of fun, especially watching the points go up
expodentially, it's one of a few that I can ever get close to a million points
with. :-) I thought the logger was defunked at first, then I re-read the rules,
and it made since.

See you all in the next one.

All logs will be sent to LoTW & eQSL for those interested.

73's
KI7MT