[3830] WPX CW CW7T(CX7TT) SO(A)AB(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW CW7T(CX7TT) SO(A)AB(TS) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 04:56:16 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: CW7T
Operator(s): CX7TT
Station: CW7T

Class: SO(A)AB(TS) HP
QTH: Uruguay
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:    1
   40:
   20:   50
   15:  106
   10:   65
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

I have been a fan of WPX cw since the early 80s when I used to go to VP2V and
operate;hand carrying FT101ZD/FT930S/IC-735 and ski bag with wires/coax and
antennas. I have been a trophy sponsor (K6CT) since the mid 80s. It is such a
fun contest.
Although my main antenna (Steppir 3) is down due to broken sprocket, I got on
with F12 15m Vert Dipole and 80m inverted L with two elevated radials. I was
very surprised with the vertical dipole. Thinking it was gonna be a boring
contest with fruitless calling, instead it was very easy to work guys and even
have a few mini-runs. Same on 10m. PT effort for me as we are getting ready to
leave on tuesday for 3 months; visits to 9V/VR2/A6 and GM before returning.
Nice to see so many of the familiar calls...swapped a few "OJ's" with the FCG
guys. Uruguay was well represented by Jorge, CW5W and Daniel CX9AU and a
handful of others. Not too many cw ops down here but the few that get on are
die hard enthusiasts.
Steppir parts are on the way so won't be missing the 20m long path openings
here again in future contest. All the best and many tnx for those who stopped
by for a Q.
73
Tom CX7TT aka K6CT