[3830] NCCC Sprint LG5LG(W1NN) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint LG5LG(W1NN) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 08:16:27 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 27

Call: LG5LG
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: LG5LG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Norway
Operating Time (hrs): 0.35

  160:
   80:
   40:   1     1
   20:   8     8
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:   9     9  Total Score = 81

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

There is no location listed for DX, so I put myself in the Atlantic area since
that is the closest to where I was.

I was shooting for a triple-digit score but missed it by one mult and one Q.
But I'm really very thrilled with this score since I wasn't sure if anyone
would be able to hear me at all and it turned out that 8 guys did (N4AF, N4OGW,
K3TN, N4DW, KZ5D, N6RO, NO3M and PJ4/K4BAI).  Special thanks to Ken for pulling
out my very weak sig in CA.

I expected 20 to be closed and 40 to be the money band but it was almost the
other way around.  Thanks to a strong N4AF for being my only two-bander.  I
should have also worked PJ4/K4BAI on 40 since he was pretty loud there, but
somehow i missed him.  Except for 'BAI, Howie was the strongest followed by
K3TN.  I heard lots of others but obviously I wasn't too strong so making it
through the NS wall was not real easy.  I even heard a few whispers on 80 but I
didn't bother calling anyone.

Turns out that in late May, sunrise near Oslo where I was occurs at about 0200Z
(4 AM local), so it was light when the contest began.  In the winter, though,
the NS will be many hours before sunrise.

I believe that this establishes a new all-time NS record for Norway.  I predict
that it will last for some time.

It was great fun.  Thanks to all!

73, Hal