[3830] WPX CW WW2DX(@W2RE) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lee@ww2dx.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WW2DX(@W2RE) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 08:05:42 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WW2DX
Operator(s): WW2DX W2RE, AB3CX, KC2RG
Station: W2RE

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 12

------------
  160:
   80:   21
   40:  648
   20:  200
   15:   13
   10:
------------
Total:  882  Prefixes = 533  Total Score = 1,629,914

Club:

Comments:

Horrible, just horrible.

Nothing seemed to go our way on this one. We arrived in Summit early Friday AM
to install a C31XR and a 2 ele 40 on tower 4 that would be 1000' from the run
towers. This was going to be a nice dedicated mult tower for the 2nd radio but
that didn't happen. One problem after another, most likely because we were all
rushing to get it done. So we settled on a single element 40m element which
actually worked very well the first night so it was not a total loss. Once the
test started we were doing ok until about 0300z when central NY was hammered
with very violent T-storms which knocked us out for a while. To top it all off
was waiting for the EU opening on 20m at sunrise which never showed up thanks
to the Sun. Around 8am we all looked at one another with the fantastic WX
outside and 30/hr run rates and decided cold beers and steaks on the grill was
a much more satisfying way to enjoy the holiday weekend. Hats off to the guys
that toughed it out! You deserve the fame and fortune on this one!

73 CU in the fall season.

Lee WW2DX