[3830] WPX CW OH4A(@OH6LI/OH4A) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jpklemola@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW OH4A(@OH6LI/OH4A) M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 12:38:12 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: OH4A
Operator(s): OH6KZP, OH6LI, OH6QU, RA9USU, SM6LRR
Station: OH6LI/OH4A

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Salo
Operating Time (hrs): 47:59

------------
  160:  233
   80:  764
   40: 1390
   20: 1676
   15:  905
   10:  599
------------

Club:

Comments:

OH4A entered M/M for the first time.
We got a good mix for our group:
OH6KZP, OH6LI, OH6QU, RA9USU and SM6LRR.
More people were invited, but many chose to join the
SK3W instead; some said they will not operate the contest.
OH4A was extended from the old SO2R setup into a 4 radio
configuration, supporting M/M.
All equipment we really wanted to use during the contest,
actually worked pretty nice. TR4Win networked easy / OH6QU.
The interstation interference was at moderate / tolerable
level. Thanks to all for patience as our receiving
performance was degraded by some deciBels on all bands.
The FennoSwedish contest with SK3W ended so this time SK3W won.
Excellent job, Gunnar & folks. Gratuleringar !
We may repeat this kind of an exercise, it was so fun.
Also Lady Aurora performed exceptionally well.
A index was peaking 80 and K was at levels we have seen
only very rarely.
Despite we decided propagation is for sissies, with tears
in our eyes, we looked at the aurora oval on the NOAA
web pages. Unbelieveable piece of art! It was so colorful !
This time, the shack heat record was a swetting +55C.
To really go to our limits, we entered the sauna, heated to +85C
at 0005UTC Monday.
Hear You All and Many More in 2012 !
73,
OH4A