[3830] WPX CW NN4US(N5WR) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, erikmartin44@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NN4US(N5WR) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 18:04:24 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NN4US
Operator(s): N5WR
Station: K4BP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  149
   40:  601
   20: 1179
   15:  244
   10:   44
------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

In general conditions were worse than last year as others have noted, especially
the first 24 hours. Got off to a slower start on 20 and the band closed earlier.
Had slightly more QSOs last year in the first day. Better results on the 2nd
day, the highlight of the contest for me being the polar opening on 20 meters
around O3-04Z that produced a nice run of new prefixes and 3 point QSOs. I
again felt this year that I should have taken more off time during the
afternoon hours instead of sleeping at night.

I improved on last years score by about 1M points, mostly attributable to using
SO2R. Thanks to Steve NA4K for setting up the station for SO2R prior to the
contest. Having the 2nd radio really helped me stay in the game when the rates
slowed down.

Thanks so much to Jeff K4BP for letting me use his station in the contest and
for use of the callsign.

73, Erik N5WR