[3830] WPX CW II9T(@IT9GSF) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fabio.grisafi@libero.it
Subject: [3830] WPX CW II9T(@IT9GSF) M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 08:33:26 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: II9T
Operator(s): IT9GSF LY2IJ YL2KL YL3DW
Station: IT9GSF

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Sicily
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

QST de Fabio, IT9GSF.
Nice effort with guest operators from northern countries.
Old friend (from IG9A RTTY 2000) Girts YL2KL, with Oleg YL3DW (both from well
known contest station D4C) went to visit me with an other super operator,
Arunas - LY2IJ and his wife Violeta.
We have spent all friday preparing the station (Beverage and TX antenna work).
During the contest Oleg, YL3DW, was the key operator to repair amplifiers and
switches (we had saturday morning run with second station without amplifier).
Thanks to Arunas, LY2IJ, for his Elecraft K3 so that we had both stations
running the same radio. Propagation helped us giving aurora to most important
stations in Europe but the II9T QTH is a good performance QTH with its slopes
to North America (we are 850 meters a.s.l.).
Antennas were:
160 mts: INV L 25 meters high.
80 mts: Phased verticals.
40 mts: Dipole (!) and GP (!).
20 mts: Interlaced Yagi (with 15 mts) @20 mts high tower.
15 mts: Interlaced YagiS (with 20 mts ... and with 10 mts) @20 mts high tower.
10 mts: Interlaced Yagi (with 15 mts).
4 Beverage to RX (W - NW - NE - E) on 160, 80, 40 mts.
Nice to meet these very good operators/friends, hope to meet them again. With
Girts it was the second time after IG9A RTTY 2000. On Monday, even if very
tired, we had time to go to the beach for swimming and having a very nice
dinner near Agrigento Temples.
Thanks to Antonello, IT9EQO and Giuseppe, IT9JQL, for their equipments. Thanks
to Calogero, IT9INO, his wife and Marina (JQL's wife) for the vitamins and time
spent to entertain Violeta (Arunas, LY2IJ's XYL)).
73 and thank you for QSOs de Fabio Grisafi,
IT9GSF
(One of IG9A, IR9T, IU9T, II9T - One of OK CIAO CONTEST CLUB).