[3830] AlQP N4ZZ Mobile Multi-OpCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ad4eb@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] AlQP N4ZZ Mobile Multi-OpCW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 15:12:51 -0700
                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: N4ZZ
Operator(s): AD4EB, N4ZZ
Station: N4ZZ

Class: Mobile Multi-OpCW LP
QTH: all over AL
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:
   40:   676
   20:   679
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  1355    0  CW Mults = 48  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 130,080

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

This was our (N4ZZ and AD4EB) 5th QSO party operating together, and the fun
continued.  We missed not having our trusted driver Melody KI4HVY, who
unfortunately had to work the weekend.  So Don and I split the driving 50/50.

We followed the same route we took last year, which took us thru 28 counties.
Ended up with 140 more QSOs than last year, and an additonal 5 multipliers.
This year I posted our estimated county line crossing times on QRZ.com, under
N4ZZ, and hope this helped some folks better track us during the contest.

We used 2 Hustler antennas on the 2000 Montanna van, and had coils and top hats
for 20, 40, and 80m. Only operated on 20 and 40m, and ended up with almost the
exact same number of QSOs on each. Several times we were asked if we could QSY
to 15m, and were sorry we could not.  Did not bother putting up the 80m antenna
for the last few hours, since 20m was so alive to the very end. Last QSO was
SM2LIY on 20m.

Propagation did not seem as good as last year, and there were some long
counties where we ran out of stations to work.  At times 20m would be wide open
with s9+ signals, and then rather quite spells. As usual, things really picked
up during the last 3-4 hours of the contest. Our best rate for an hour was
157.

Thanks to NT2A and W0BH who seemed to be lying in wait for us as soon as we
entered new counties or changed bands, and also to these folks that worked us
the most:

NT2A(41)
W0BH(39)
K1JO(28)
W7FB(28)
N5WR(27)
N6MU(27)
DL3DXX(26)
W3DYA(25)
N8II(24)
W0GXQ(24)
WQ5L(24)
KO1U(23)

We missed these states: ND, SD, VT, HI, NV, as well as AB, MB, NT, QC, and SK
provinces.

Big thanks to KC4HW Jim and the AL Contest Group for making this all possible.
And of course thanks to all who worked us, even just once.

73 - Jim AD4EB and Don N4ZZ