[3830] WPX CW K9UIY SOSB80 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9uiy@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K9UIY SOSB80 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 11:03:18 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K9UIY
Operator(s): K9UIY
Station: K9UIY

Class: SOSB80 LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 16.5

------------
  160:
   80:  361
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Big changes with major re-model of the home including a revised shack!  That
being said the station had been torn down since mid April so to compete in this
comtest meant lashing things up temporarily since this re-modeling project
continues.  So I decided to compete in the Single Band 80 Low Power
(non-assisted) category to see if I could at least compete and possibly set a
single band LP record for W9-land which was held by KX9DX.  I got everything
moved and hooked up but missed the first hour.  QSO #1 was with Rick KX9DX by
the way.  So between the normal spring/summer QRN on 80 and horrible static
crashes from nearby thunderstorms and some very marginal conditions I thought
the contest was a success.  My ears recovered as well so THAT was good !!  Wish
there would have been more six pointers in the log though...  Many thanks to all
who did show up on 80 this year and managed to pull out my signals between QRN
etc.  Looking forward to next year!!  FT-1000 MP @ 100 W and 80M inverted "L"
with 55 radials did the job.  73 de Vic  K9UIY