[3830] ARRL June VHF W5KI Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W5KI Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 07:30:59 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  228   139  Total Score = 31,692

Club:

Comments:

Amazing condx to west almost the entire operating time.  During our limited ops,
fewer periods of decent prop to the NE or SE, which was surprising.  Though at
one time had prop to SE/NE/N/S/W, at the same time. Thought we were on HF.

Completely had a case of head up the rear.  Was never hearing anyone on 2m when
I checked, but didn't care with 6m being so hot.  As things slowed at the end,
looked closer.  Traced to broken wire to the 2m relay position of the remote
antenna switch, so no relay closure.  Fixed it with 15 mins left and at least
got two more Qs/mults, hihi. Dumb stuff.

For all the ops working their first VHF contest.  They are in for a rude
awakening in later years.  This one will surely spoil them.