[3830] ARRL June VHF N9AG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, scottal@CentruyLink.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N9AG Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 12:49:13 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  220   114  Total Score = 25,080

Club:

Comments:

First time on 6 Meters from home and didn't know what to expect.  At least there
were no torch-carrying mobs protesting RFI.  I battled line noise as high as
S9+20 and computer/monitor birdies everywhere.  Whenever local W4CKD or
not-so-local N8BJQ fired up, their big signals modulated my noise blanker, so I
watched TV for a while.

As everyone has said, great double-hop to the west Saturday late
afternoon/evening and almost all day Sunday.  Worked a few FN stations Sunday
morning while hoping for a usual opening to VE1/Maritimes but nothing.  Worked
not a single FM-field station, and no Texas (!) until Sunday.

Must be great to be in Texas or Florida for 6M Es and have the entire country
at your door.

FT920 @ 100 Watts
6M5 at 62 ft.