[3830] ARRL June VHF N4QV Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4qv@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N4QV Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 14:34:41 -0700
                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: N4QV
Operator(s): N4QV
Station: N4QV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Plantation, FL
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  545   184
    2:   33    11
  222:
  432:   17     7
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  595   202  Total Score = 123,624

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Conditions were terrific Saturday, but more maginal on Sunday.

I had planned on working this contest seriously, but I missed too many "Prime
Time" hours with electrical problems, family issues and severe thunder storms,
for this to be a serious effort.

A 10 minute repair on a Heil ProSet turned into almost 2 hours.  After finally
getting on the air, the thunder storms started up.  There were severe storm
warnings on the TV and golf ball size hail about 3 miles south of me.  It's
really tough to disconnect the antenna while stations are still calling ya!!
At least the band stayed open till late at night, giving a chance to make up
some ground.

Sunday, the band opened really early for a few hours, then went flat to
marginal for a large part of the day.  It was wide open for stations north of
us, but all I could work were a few stations that would pop through for a few
seconds. I disconnected for 2.5 hours Sunday for another round of storms.
Finally, the band opens back up, exactly when the Heat Game started!  I had
promised the boys that I would take them to one of our favorite Mexican
restaurants to watch the game.

That was the end of the "test!"

If I could have been "in the chair" for the duration, the score would have
probably been doubled.

It was great fun, regardless.  (More fun than the Heat Game!)

I worked several FCGrs on 6 and a few on all 3 bands!

Randy
N4QV