[3830] ARRL June VHF K8BL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8BL@AMERITECH.NET
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K8BL Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 20:48:57 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  125    64  Total Score = 8,000

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

In between various Family commitments and honey-do items I was able to
sneak in a few hours. My main interest was to work new Grids/States/Countries
on 6 Meters. I think I scored about 20/1/1, respectively, which was well
worth the effort of less than 5 hours.

I'm always amazed at the conditions on 6 Meters. Stations will be there and
gone in the wink of an eye. Low power stations can be much louder than
high power stations. Propagation can switch from South to West or short
to long in a matter of minutes - and sometimes back again. You can hear
stations that are strong, but they can't hear you. A station you can barely
hear comes back to you on the first call. I guess that's why they call it
The Magic Band!