[3830] WVQP AA8IA Single OpMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa8ia@aa8ia.org
Subject: [3830] WVQP AA8IA Single OpMixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 12:51:21 -0700
                    West Virginia QSO Party

Call: AA8IA
Operator(s): AA8IA
Station: AA8IA

Class: Single OpMixed LP
QTH: Ohio-EN90QL
Operating Time (hrs): 1:52

   80:
   40:   6      11
   20:   3       3
   15:
   10:
----------------------------
Total:   9      14      0  Mults = 13  Total Score = 1,055

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Score includes 300 points for working W8WVA three times.   I only worked W8OP/m
twice, and even worse was the fact that I only worked K8RYU/m once.

The June VHF QSO Party and CQ WPX CW required so much sitting time for me that
I'm still trying to get my sciatica under control.   I just couldn't sit for
hours searching out the random WV station or wait for mobiles to switch
counties.   I knew better and didn't even try.

As you can guess from the 80m total, I must not have been operating in the
evening.  My heart wasn't in it by that point.   My 80m doublet was hearing
less than my 40m wire on 80m.   I was having trouble tuning every band on the
80m wire.   I lowered the mast and looked over things briefly, and I didn't see
any broken wires.  But somehow I had to have lost a connection / broken a leg of
the wire.   So 80m wouldn't have been possible anyway.

This is only my second time working this QSO Party, and it was nice to see /
hear a lot of fixed stations on.   My score doesn't reflect contact with a lot
of fixed stations, but I'm quite sure many more counties were covered than I
had heard.

W8OP and K8RYU sounded great on 40m when I worked them.  I was really surprised
that I was able to hear so many WV stations on 20m in early-mid afternoon.

The operating time is misleading.   Like some others, I did tune around
periodically on the bands looking for stations.

Thanks to all of the WV ops and the mobile ops for putting on a nice QP.