[3830] ARRL FD K7FA 3A LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7fa@frontier.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD K7FA 3A LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 19:23:39 -0700
                    ARRL Field Day

Call: K7FA
Operator(s): K7FA KK7YL W4LSC WA7I KD6GHX KF7IUH
Station: K7FA

Class: 3A LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:
   40:          31
   20:  246      5
   15:          36
   10:           7
    6:           3
    2:
  222:
  432:
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  246     82      0  Total Score = 574

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

ANT(s): 20M4 @ 30-ft., Buckmaster OCF @ 30-ft., 102" Vert. Whip w/ AH-4
Auto-Tuner
RIGS: K3 w/ P3, FT-920, IC-706 MKIIG
SFW: N1MM-Logger v11.6.2
STATION SHELTERS: 32-ft motorhome, 5-th wheel trailer, tent, P/U Trucks

Great time, good food (Elk Stakes), few visitors, cool breezes, red sunburns.
Public campground in the pine trees is at 6,100-ft MSL in NW AZ, and is far
from current wildfires.

Bands were open, and filled with plenty of easy domestic contacts. We used
bandpass filters to protect receiver front-ends, and enjoyed a very low-noise
environment. When running on 20-m CW we enjoyed occasional pile-ups, but some
ops. failed to realize that they were among 3 or 4 stations simultaneously
responding (nearly dead zero-beat).

No attempt was made to work DX. In fact, only one DX contact logged: PJ4LS.

N1MM-Logger ran on laptops networked together between campsites with wireless.
Frequent disruptive (but mildly amusing) interruption in laptop wireless
linkage occurred each time the door on the 5-th wheel camper was opened ... or
whenever a vehicle temporarily parked to use the public restrooms.

Thanks to those who contributed their time to setup equipment, operate, or
simply make the long drive up the steep mountain road to observe our operation;
and of course a special thanks to the many hams for all the Qs and their
patience whenever we asked for a fill - see everyone next year!

73 (on behalf of the group), Tom - K7FA