[3830] IARU OQ5M(ON5ZO) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on5zo@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU OQ5M(ON5ZO) SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 10:15:20 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: OQ5M
Operator(s): ON5ZO
Station: ON5ZO

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: JO20AR
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:    11    0       1       10
   80:   135    0      13       21
   40:   368    0      23       21
   20:   560    0      28       22
   15:   280    0      24       29
   10:    84    0       8       19
-------------------------------------
Total:  1438    0      97      122  Total Score = 1,101,570

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

With the great conditions earlier this year, I was looking forward to this
contest and WAECW. Finally some propagation to get outside EU. Lately the sun
pulled the plug again so I had no high expectations in this fun contest because
of the poor propagation. But it turned out to be even worse from here. CQ CQ CQ
and no answer, which lead to a slow start which in turn killed my motivation.

I easily made over 2000 QSO in 2007, lowered my target this year to a modest
1500 but I didn't even reach that goal. Even with a lot more S&P than I usually
do.

On 80m I had terrible noise and QRN, couldn't copy much, and 160 was a
wasteland. There was a lot more activity there a few years ago (my magic year
2007).

It seems 2000km down south is another planet when it comes to propagation.

73 de Franki ON5ZO = OQ5M
http://www.on5zo.be/