[3830] IARU NN7SS(K6UFO) SO Mixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU NN7SS(K6UFO) SO Mixed QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 12:05:52 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:    5      0      2       0
   80:    7      2      3       2
   40:   79     24     15       5
   20:   62     39     19      13
   15:   82     21     13       6
   10:   31      3      4       2
-------------------------------------
Total:  266     89     56      28  Total Score = 77,028

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

I got up for the 5AM start, and worked all the
excited people. Then settled down for a lot of trying
for Europe, and lots of 20m and 15m all day long. I
took an afternoon nap so I could get back on in
darkness after sunset for low bands. I like the
24 hr format better than the long 48 hr contests.

Not enough sunspots to really open 10m, but 15m was
good. Don't ask about working Europeans while QRP
in the Northwest corner pocket (OK, I managed to work
8 of them.) A total of 33 DXCC entities worked, many
more heard, but not workable QRP. No "zero point" QSOs,
so the USA is able to work each other. Big thanks to
W1AW/6 and NU1AW/5 for all the HQ Mults on so many
bands! The operators showed a lot of patience and
good operating.

I love that there are no "packet pileups" (since Single
Ops can't use packet), and that most running stations
identify on every QSO.

In 2009 I made 30 QSOs, in 2010 Zero, so this year was
a big improvement. Thanks for the contacts!

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

10,15,20m: C-31XR at 71ft, C-3 53ft, 3el Steppir 40 ft
40m: Force 12 Delta 240 at 78ft, 40-2CD at 48 ft
80m: Half-slopers from 60ft and 47 ft
160m: Inverted L over metal garage roof.
Two Yaesu FT-1000MPs turned down to 5 watts
Writelog software and W5XD multikeyer.