[3830] IARU K9NW(@K9UWA) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9nw@qth.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K9NW(@K9UWA) SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 17:55:23 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K9NW
Operator(s): K9NW
Station: K9UWA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Indiana
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    55            7        5
   80:   170           18       17
   40:   415           24       30
   20:   783           37       40
   15:   137           17       19
   10:    70            9        5
-------------------------------------
Total:  1630    0     112      116  Total Score = 1,119,480

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

K3 + Alpha 87A

I've always enjoyed the IARU contest and I think I've only completely missed
one or two since my first one in 1980.

It was hard to stay motivated early on when it seemed this was more of a
warm-up for NAQP - lots of W/VE stations to keep the rate meter happy but not
so much in the way of 5 point DX stations.  So I just plugged away until condx
improved for DX later in the day.  Minimal QRN made the lowbands quite
enjoyable.  20 stayed open to somewhere most of the night but just not quite
enough to make for any decent runs.  I sure do long for the days of 24 hour
(DX!) propagation on both 15 and 20 though.

954 W/VE
552 EU

Thanks, as always, to John and Jean!

73, Mike K9NW