[3830] IARU K8AZ M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tleek8az@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K8AZ M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 07:08:32 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K8AZ
Operator(s): AC8E, K8AZ, K8BL, K8MR, K8NZ, KQ8M, N8TR, W8CAR, WT8C
Station: K8AZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    40     0     11        7
   80:   100     1     17       26
   40:   298    33     27       36
   20:   946   253     41       46
   15:   184    26     28       28
   10:    29     4      8        8
-------------------------------------
Total:  1600   317    132      151  Total Score = 1,807,804

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Congratulations to NN3W and N0NI (and others!) for great multi-op efforts.
Hopefully we'll all benefit with a change in the IARU rules -- way too many
mults left out of reach by the 10 minute rule.

This is always a fun contest and ending things Sunday morning, especially in
the summer, is always a delight.  We improved our 2010 effort by almost 20%, in
part due to better band change strategy to catch multipliers.  Before the
contest, the prop pitch that turns the big 40 locked up, and during the contest
the rotatable 2L40 failed with a 6:1 SWR.  But other than that, everything
worked well, and the Crew had a delightful contest, especially with the return
of K8NZ and KQ8M to the operating chairs.

73,
Tom, K8AZ