[3830] IARU AF4OX SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, robertebeatriz@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] IARU AF4OX SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 09:46:41 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: AF4OX
Operator(s): AF4OX
Station: AF4OX

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:    7     0       2       1
   80:   36     0      10       5
   40:  380     0      21      22
   20:  312     0      25      28
   15:   77     0      17      18
   10:    7     0       3       1
-------------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

First real effort in this contest since 2008.  I had high expectations for 20M,
but the expectations remained unfulfilled!  Had trouble getting a decent rate
on 20M in the first hours.  Had to spend much time in S&P in order to work EU
stations (5 pointers).  When in RUN mode, made QSO's, but mostly 1 pointers.
Played around some on 15 and made some SA mults, but there was not that much
activity.  Lost time in DX mode! Always a fatal trap!  Also lost an hour to a
serious thunderstorm passing over.  20M actually seemed better after dark than
before.  When I took a nap @ 0630Z, 20M was still open and lots of stations
active.  However, by 0800Z when I got on, the band had closed and so it was 40M
and up.  For me 40M was the workhourse - made more Qso's and more points,
although 20M gave more mults.  All in all a good time, but I should have keep
going and skipped the nap.  Highlights were 2 VK's, 1 ZL, ST and 2 (yes two)
VE4's!  Weak points were taking too many breaks leaving 3 hours on the table.
Thanks to all.