[3830] IARU VU2PTT SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vu2ptt@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU VU2PTT SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 08:34:48 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: VU2PTT
Operator(s): VU2PTT
Station: VU2PTT

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Bangalore MK82tx
Operating Time (hrs): 20.5

  160:    0     0       0        0
   80:    0     0       0        0
   40:   41     0      10       20
   20:  330     0      23       31
   15:  200     0      17       31
   10:   71     0       5       19
-------------------------------------

Club: VU Contest Group

Comments:

Rig: Icom 746 PRO + Force12 C3S @ 60' + 40m Inv-V @ 55', 80m Inv-L

Not the best band conditions compared to the recent All Asia. 20m was the best
band followed by 15m (reverse of AA) and some late QSOs on 10m. 40m certainly
proved why a lot more power and maybe 2 elements are need to make some QSOs
given the poor conditions - may be some day. Did not even try on 80m although I
made a quick scan to hear the noise.

20m was poor to NA although I had some 20+ QSOs. The first signal to be heard
was N9RV who was going strong and surprisingly the East Coast biggies were
surprisingly weak. I am surprised they even heard me, goes to show the amazing
ears/antennas they have. VP5CW also had an outstanding signal on 20m and so did
K8PO. One killer signal who opened the band on 10m from EU was SN2K, but th
eband did not open up fully for me to be able to run. Maybe soon :)

Just one 100+ hour on 20m; 15m never was really run-able except in short spurts
- it all showed in the score.

Hopefully I will be able to fix my amp soon and get back on higher power, until
then will be relegated to driving the IC-746PRO to its full power - 100w :)

As always, big thanks to my wife and daughter for letting me take the time out
from the weekend family activities - that's the only time we all meet to spend
a few hours together.

73 and hope to see you all in WAE,

Prasad VU2PTT.