[3830] CQWW VHF K2PS SOSB/6 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, psk2ps@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF K2PS SOSB/6 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 14:50:27 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K2PS
Operator(s): K2PS
Station: K2PS

Class: SOSB/6 LP
QTH: FM18 DC
Operating Time (hrs): 10

    6:  142    53
    2:
-------------------
Total:  142    53  Total Score = 7,526

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My rotator broke a few days before the contest, but I had been looking forward
to operating with my new pushup mast and a 5-element yagi from my son's place
in DC.  The band had been open to EU and the Middle East during the last couple
of weeks, and again Saturday morning, the XYL was planning to be away Sunday,
and so I just had to get on.

But in order to turn the antenna, I had to go up to the attic, open the attic
hatch, remove the attic fan, crawl out the window, climb up to the upper roof,
loosen the mast clamps, align my compass, and turn the yagi.

So one can imagine that I wasn't anxious to see propagation patterns change too
often.  I figure I probably made the trip ten times or so, and I guess it worked
out fairly well, but I don't want to have to do this again!

The real fun started around 1600Z Sunday, when I worked 9 mults in a row.  Even
ran a bunch of stations in the midwest, both on SSB and CW.  CW!  on 6 meters!
Nice.

73, Pete, K2PS/3