[3830] NAQP RTTY W4HOD/0(@W0ZOK) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cherwhit@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY W4HOD/0(@W0ZOK) M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 21:03:56 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: W4HOD/0
Operator(s): AA4YL, KA4PKB, W0ZOK
Station: W0ZOK

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: ND
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:    5     4
   40:  111    39
   20:  190    43
   15:    1     1
   10:
-------------------
Total:  307    87  Total Score = 26,709

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team:

First, apologies for the W4HOD/0 callsign snafu in the buffers during the
contest. Shows what happens when you get in a hurry trying to recover from a
hardware malfuntion.

So many great things to say. First a giant thank you to Gene, W0ZOK and his
family. They opened up their home to us, fed us, and shared some of their
family life with us. We enjoyed several happy hours together. They are
marvelous people, and we hope to meet up with them again soon. All of the
Wicklund family is licensed, including wife, Diane and sons Ross and John.

Gene has a great shack with multiple transceivers, amplifiers and antennas. He
also collects vintage equipment and it is fun looking over the old
transceivers, keys, etc.

We took the heat and humidity with us to ND and caught some kidding about
hurrying up and taking the heat back to Alabama.

We also had the opportunity to meet very good friends of Gene and Linda. Joe,
N0RF and his wife Linda, N0LG. They spent a lot of time at Gene's place and
invited us to breakfast in their home Sunday morning before we departed. Joe
helped us with our hardware problem and saved the day.

Living in the South, I have always heard about Southern hospitality and have
witnessed my fair share. But, I have to say, the hospitality we received in
North Dakota would be difficult to beat here in the Southern US.

Thanks for the contacts. Very disappointed in 80 meters. Very noisy and hard
hear anyone.

We are discussing the possibility of going back for the February RTTY NAQP.

73,

Cheryl, AA4YL
Bob, KA4PKB

Posted using 3830 Score Submittal Forms at: http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score