[3830] CQWW VHF NR5M SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, georged@demontrond.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF NR5M SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 10:44:52 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: NR5M
Operator(s): NR5M
Station: NR5M

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Hempstead, Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 23

    6:  536   143
    2:   42    30
-------------------
Total:  578   173  Total Score = 107,260

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Still behind the setup curve for the VHF efforts.  Seems like I'm always ready
just AFTER the contest begins.  This time it did not cost me too much as
conditions were less that optimum at contest startup. Had a little Es into Fla
and even later in the evening to the West.  Went to 2 meter EME at moonrise and
worked only 19 stations total (low az. pass shut down Eu after 3+ hours).  Woke
up to zero tropo on 2 meters as well as very low rate Es for much of the am on
6.  Finally at 1700z the rate started to increase.  Last hour was 140+
(finally).

Did not attempt any MS on 6.  That is the project for next contest!  REALLY
enjoyed the ability to self spot on EME (Thanks, Marshall and others).  That
made ALL the difference on that mode!

George NR5M