[3830] NAQP CW V31UB(KU5B) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, colin@ku5b.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW V31UB(KU5B) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 23:03:53 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: V31UB
Operator(s): KU5B
Station: V31UB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Placencia, Belize
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    0     0
   80:   10     6
   40:  207    46
   20:  390    55
   15:   78    32
   10:   10     5
-------------------
Total:  695   144  Total Score = 100,080

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: CTDXCC Fried Eggs

Comments:

Phew. That was pretty tough from down this far South! I came in hoping for 800
Q's and wound up just over 100 from that goal. I'm pretty satisfied with that.

This is my 5th trip down to Belize and last year we left the day of NAQP CW so
I decided that this year we would need to get here BEFORE NAQP. Being good
parents, they happily obliged.

15 was disappointing. Was expecting a lot more Q's based on previous years I've
been here. Signals just weren't that strong and openings were very spotty. 10
played about as well as I thought it would. I had a second radio sitting on 10
the whole time (guess that makes me Single-Op 1 and 1/6 radios).

80 was an even bigger disappointment. The antenna seemed to play well in the
Friday night practice but I just couldn't seem to get anyone to hear me
tonight. Congrats to the 10 that did! Lots of very loud signals but also lots
of CQ's in my face. On the other hand, the EWE RX antenna I put up Friday
played excellently in taking out the summer QRN.

About 10 minutes before my time was to be up, I saw a very bright flash of
light outside the shack and immediately heard the thunder, so I shut down
pretty hastily.

Thanks for all the Q's and the fun. Thanks to K5PI for organising the teams.
Hope this meager score will do the team a little bit of good!

See y'all in SSB from NX5M.

Colin KU5B / V31UB