[3830] NAQP CW NI7R Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ni7r@orbitelcom.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NI7R Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 02:26:51 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: NI7R
Operator(s): NI7R
Station: NI7R

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 9.75

  160:
   80:    4     1
   40:  137    45
   20:  201    52
   15:   11     7
   10:
-------------------
Total:  353   105  Total Score = 37,065

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Team: AOCC Claim Jumpers

Comments:

All signals were really weak for the first two hours of the contest. 20 meters
recovered, but 15 never did. Only CA stations could hear my weak 80 meter
signal through the summer QRN in the evening, so I quickly abandoned 80 meters
and returned to 40. My HOA restricted antenna set up in the courtyard was a
portable screwdriver with a 12 foot whip sitting on top of an aluminum ladder
used as the counterpoise. It seems to work pretty well, except on 80 meters
where the whip is only 8 feet.