[3830] NAQP CW W6NF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vhfplus@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W6NF Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 06:12:15 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W6NF
Operator(s): W6NF
Station: W6NF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Silver Springs, NV
Operating Time (hrs): 6.1

  160:
   80:   33    20
   40:   73    31
   20:   76    37
   15:   23    16
   10:
-------------------
Total:  205   104  Total Score = 21,935

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

First operation with the new Elecraft K3...amazing! Signals on 15 were very poor
at the start but the receiver on the K3 proved itself to me. I was able to work
things that would not have been there with the IC-746. Wonderful being able to
work weak stations within 300Hz of strong signals. Even better knowing that the
signal with 1kHz wide clicks was really that wide and not an artifact of my
receiver.

At 2155Z NV Energy provided me with line noise that was S8 in a 50Hz bandwidth.
When I switched to SSB the line noise was +20db over S9. That made all bands
useless for nearly 2-1/2 hours. Very frustrating and a result of complete lack
of routine maintenance on the distribution lines in front of my house.

All in all, a fun experience. We (me and my wife, K7MKL) will be looking
forward to contest opportunities with our new rig.