[3830] NAQP CW K0OU Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0ou@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K0OU Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 09:06:23 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K0OU
Operator(s): K0OU
Station: K0OU

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 9:58

  160:    0     0
   80:   35    18
   40:  166    44
   20:  115    39
   15:   70    26
   10:    8     6
-------------------
Total:  394   133  Total Score = 52,402

Club: KC Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

In an effort to stay out of my neighbor's TV I have gone QRP. Bought a little
Ten Rec Argo with band modules for 10 thru 40 and turned the power down on the
756 pro3 on 80 and 160 to match the output level of the Argo. Very frustrating.
I would never recommend QRP on 80 and 160 in the summertime. Did not make a
single contact on 160 even tho I tried, and every 80 meter contact required
repeats. Felt I needed the mults on those bands or I would have stayed off of
them. Tried to mavimize my time on 10 and 15 meters but just not a lot of
activity for me there. Money bands were 20 and 40. Tried a few QSY's but had no
success going to a marginal or noisey band with the QRP signal. Hope to get back
to normal operations someday. This was the first time I have ever heard a
response of AGN? to my CQ. Thanks to all who pulled out my puney signal.