[3830] NAQP CW N4XL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, knason00@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N4XL Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 13:46:37 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N4XL
Operator(s): N4XL
Station: N4XL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   11     8
   80:   67    28
   40:  156    39
   20:  162    41
   15:   76    27
   10:   32    14
-------------------
Total:  504   157  Total Score = 80,136

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC #3

Comments:

I love to contest!

I've become pretty rusty at CW from my earlier General & Advanced days of 35-40
WPM.  I now plug along at about 20 WPM or so if there is only one station.  Push
it to 25 if only a contest exchange and no QRM/QRN.  So, I'm pleased with this
score.  I will say it would be appreciated if you speed demons would come back
to CQ's at the calling speed instead of 10 to 20 WPM faster. Doing that slows
everything done and undoubtedly will have caused some log errors besides the
simple frustration on both our parts.

Had a lightening strike a month ago and lost the 1000MP processor board.  I was
able to cobble the board back together enough to run the rig.  No communications
between the rig and N1MM, but I could get the logging program to key the rig -
that was a VERY big help! I had taken the rig and station apart while doing
repairs and didn't have everything back together correctly before the contest
so lost time rewiring some things as I went. Never did get everything to work,
including some of the 1000MP settings.

I am renewing interest in CW contesting but am woefully unfamiliar with N1MM's
finer points.  Need to work on that as well as speed. Thanks for those who
patiently waited through my miskeys and sending wrong function key messages.
My heart was in the right place - but my brain and fingers weren't!

See you in the next one.

Kevan
N4XL