[3830] WAE CW VE6TL Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW VE6TL Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 18:50:16 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: VE6TL
Operator(s): VE6TL
Station: VE6TL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Calgary
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

   80:
   40:   17     0    39
   20:  263   279    86
   15:   19    20    24
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  299   299   149  Total Score = 89,102

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

Bettered last years all time best by 15,000 points, so should be pretty happy.
Still, I was frustrated with condx, as everything sounded like it was through
the blender (aurora).  Maybe had 10 QSOs during entire weekend where didn't
need them to repeat their number.  Hard to copy anything over 25WPM as there is
no such thing as dashes:  just dots and shorter dots.  This must have been only
at my end as the Europeans seemed to be able to copy the QTCs pretty well.
Fortunately, didn't have to find out what happens in N1MM when you get
interrupted in the middle of giving QTCs.  Also, N1MM wouldn't accept R7LV as
being in Europe, so sorry for not putting in log and having to refuse the QTCs.

Wish they would have this contest in the winter as this is my favorite and like
last year propagation was horrible.  Nothing on 80m, almost nothing on 40m, and
almost nothing on 15m (don't even think about 10m).  It was depressing to see
all those spots on 15m and not be able to work 'em (or even hear this side of
the pond).  The MUF was about 20MHz at this QTH.  In fairness, we should ask
all stations to remove all QSOs from 10m and 15m from their logs.  Just
kidding, but maybe you understand now what it feels like.

Anyway, the contest was still a ton of fun and maybe one year I can try it from
EU and see what its like to copy QTCs.  If not, at least I can hope for solar
cycle 25 as the SFI of 83 was about the same as last year's contest.

Jerry VE6TL
Calgary