[3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 20:35:33 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Aug 19

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   1      1
   80:   6      6
   40:  16     15
   20:  21     14
   15:   8      4
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  52     40  Total Score = 2,080

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

The mult gods really helped me tonight. Good QSO number for me, best in a while,
but how can you best 16/15 on 40 and 6/6 on 80. I have so much trouble working
stations on 80 that somehow that 6/6 there is a vindication of some sort. :-)

Tnx to K9BGL for a nice QSO on 15 for the non-West Coast mult (not counting
K5OT on backscatter).

Lots of band noise here. Not sure why, as nary a cloud for a thousand miles.

Tnx especially to K5OT, N7XU, K9BGL, and W0BH for three baggers.

Five minute segment rates: 9, 10, 11, 7,  8, and 7.

Had several lulls where one or two minutes went by w/out a contact. Interesting
(and frustrating) how this happens with the sprint format.

All in all, a good night for me, and a lot of fun.

K6VVA made an interesting comment. The mults were high tonight. Hard to make an
argument that the "section-mults" are needed, or that they would increase
activity. At least hard to make that argument to the Locust and me right now.
hi hi

Tnx everyone.

Jim N3BB