[3830] NAQP SSB ND0C Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, randydvm@iw.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB ND0C Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 23:36:15 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:   16    14
   40:   35    24
   20:  259    40
   15:    4     3
   10:
-------------------
Total:  314    81  Total Score = 25,434

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Team:

Comments:

I had a blast.  20 was good to me this year - it stayed open late and provided
some really good runs.  I got a lot of compliments on the strength of my signal
from folks that had no idea I was QRP - that made me smile! (It's all about
propagation!)  After dark it didn't seem to matter where the beam was turned, I
could work stations coming in from all directions. 15 never really opened here.
40 and 80 were  challenging as usual and it was impossible to predict who could
hear me well and who would just CQ in my face.  Some guys were really hearing
well and others seemed deaf despite having pretty loud signals.

I'm pleased with this score, considering 20 provided the vast majority of the
QSOs.  I can't wait for some more sun spots so 10 and 15 can take the pressure
off of 20 meters!  Thanks to all for pulling me through, especially on 40 and
80!

Station: Yaesu FT 897D - 5 watts out to Wilson SY-3 three element tribander at
48 feet and dipole for 40 and 80 with apex at 45 feet.

73,
Randy, ND0C

"You don't have to be crazy to contest with QRP ... but it helps."