[3830] NAQP SSB NX5M M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, colin@ku5b.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB NX5M M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 00:35:33 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M, KU5B, N5XJ, KJ5T
Station: NX5M

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Somerville, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   19    17
   80:  130    38
   40:  680    60
   20: 1179    57
   15:  187    44
   10:    3     2
-------------------
Total: 2198   218  Total Score = 479,164

Club: Yegua Valley Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Miraculously, everything was deemed ready about 40 hours before this started
which must be a record for the station. Unfortunately, we learned that a few
things weren't exactly in order. The SE tribander turned out to have a fault
and the NE (most important) 160m beverage wasn't working like it should have
been until at 0500z it started to work again. The boom mic on the 160 headset
fell off right as NX5M was going to start operating.

Very pleased to have 15 open to as many places as it was despite being so poor
earlier in the week domestically. There just wasn't much activity there while
it was open. The CWops contest really seemed to detract participation greatly
as we worked very few of the local members and many of the stations spotted
participating in the CWops contest have worked us in past years.

Otherwise, a good time with the regular crew of ops. Now when the temperatures
drop below 100 degrees, we can finally get started on the new antenna projects
which will greatly enhance our 80/160 signals (hopefully).

73,
Bob NX5M, Mike N5XJ, Steve KJ5T, Colin KU5B