[3830] SARTG K7IA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7iaham@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SARTG K7IA SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 13:43:56 -0700
                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: K7IA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 11:41

   80:    9    60     7
   40:   61   450    26
   20:  209  1860    48
   15:  172  2045    41
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  451  4415   122  Total Score = 538,630

Club:

Comments:

My second running of SARTG--first running was in 2009, and my notes say it was
"fun."  It must truly be a fun event, because it was mucho fun this weekend!
Why did I pass it by in favor of NAQP SSB last year??

40 & 80 were noisy, and my simple antennas for those bands just aren't up to
the task for this canyon location.  A remedy is on the near horizon, but it
doesn't include bulldozing our mountainous terrain to level grade...

20 was its usual self, but 15 offered early AM openings that were sustained and
had very little QSB.  I lost a few hours of op time on late Saturday afternoon
to local thunder boomers, so I couldn't take full advantage of conditions.

Some ops have commented on Sunday AM's low band opening to Asia, but I didn't
notice it.  Crummy antennas to blame?

Thanks to SARTG for this "civilized" 24 hour event, broken into three op
periods.  Now if we could only get the T-storms to open up during the break
periods...

SARTG RTTY will be a regular August event for me now!

73, dan