[3830] SCC RTTY AL9A SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, al9a@mtaonline.net
Subject: [3830] SCC RTTY AL9A SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 20:16:02 -0700
                    SCC RTTY Championship

Call: AL9A
Operator(s): AL9A
Station: AL9A

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Wasilla, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 12:12

   80:    1     2     1
   40:   22    46    21
   20:  258   690    62
   15:   99   281    43
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  380  1019   127  Total Score = 129,413

Club:

Comments:

Did way better this year than last.  Just before the contest I was notified that
my 2010 effort resulted in a new world record for SOAB(A) HP, which stunned me
beyond belief.  So, I figured I had better put in a better effort this year so
as not to look like a one-trick pony.

Managed to put about 3 more hours of chair time this year vs. last year, but
the real improvement was in propagation.  Even though the solar cycle is off to
a slow start it was certainly better than last year!  My 40M total was lower
this year, but the 15M ciunt was greatly improved over last year's total of
zero on 15M!  End result was I more than doubled last year's world record
setting total.  Not sure what the end result will be this year, but at least I
gave it the old college try!

All in all a great time on RTTY.  Thanks to all who worked me and to the SCC
for organizing what appears to be a increasingly popular contest.