[3830] KsQP W0F(K0VBU) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0vbu@k0vbu.com
Subject: [3830] KsQP W0F(K0VBU) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 21:09:50 -0700
                    Kansas QSO Party

Call: W0F
Operator(s): K0VBU
Station: W0F

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:
   40:   51     26
   20:  188    204
   15:    1
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  240    230      0  Mults = 51  Total Score = 61,280

Club: Kansas City DX Club

Comments:

Great contest - kudos to W0BH for all his efforts in organizing the 1x1s!

I'm sorry I had only 10 hours of operating time, due to unavoidable family
obligations.

I really enjoyed handing out the W0F QSOs. Bands were noisy - but it is
summertime. No luck on 10 or 15, and after the winds last week, my 80m inverted
V is shorted to the electrical service pipe extending through my roof -
discovered that when I tried to load up on 80! Finally got my 40m dipole up to
about 40' last week. That installation cost me dinners for my sons and their
families, but we cooked out and launched the antenna at the same time.

This was my first real effort in a state QSO party, and I was surprised by the
interest and activity from Europe. Most were familiar with the contest format,
and they really copy CW - no  repeats necessary!

It was also great to work my KS friends along with all the regulars. I'll be
posting appropriate QSL in on the W0F page of QRZ.com later tonight. Thanks for
the Qs and Mults!

73, Bill - K0VBU as W0F